Thanks to the awesome peeps at MyBlogSpark I got a chance to try some of Green Giant‘s latest frozen vegetables for free — plus I got a nifty prize pack (more on that later). First for the veggies: the big deal is that they’re Weight Watchers endorsed, which is a huge convenience for those following the plan. They have 29 varieties available that all boast only 1 or 2 points per serving. For this review they sent me a package of the cheesy broccoli.
The Review: Broccoli & Cheese Sauce
I thought it was really good! No chemical or ‘processed food’ taste, easy to prepare and serve, and VERY cheesy, which I love (too often companies skimp on the cheese, ha). The only downsides are that the box is small so although it says it contains 2 1/2 servings that would be a stretch — it’s really a generously-sized single serving, and also it has quite a long list of ingredients that includes corn syrup. It’s down the list a ways but still I wish they’d done without. If that’s an issue for you (I’m trying to avoid it when possible) not all of the 29 varieties have sauce or other added ingredients — I also tried their plain frozen Sugar Snap Peas and they were excellent.
Now the fun part: MyBlogSpark and Green Giant teamed up to create a fun prize pack to help you get started on being a healthier vegetable-eating sort this spring and summer. The prize pack, pictured below, is awesome (I have one so I can vouch from personal experience) and includes the following:
- A coupon for a FREE box of Green Giant frozen vegetables
- A zak! designs serving bowl
- An Orka flexible silicone serving spoon
- A solar-powered pedometer
- A large insulated tote bag (great for picnicking)
One lucky reader will win! There are 5 ways to enter:
– Leave a comment on this post telling us what your favorite or least favorite veggie is.
– Follow @HolesInUrSocks on Twitter and leave a separate comment with your Twitter handle.
– Share this post on Twitter and post a comment linking to your tweet.
– Share this post on Facebook and post a comment with the link.
– Mention this giveaway on your blog and leave a comment with the link.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED AND THE WINNER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED BY EMAIL. THANKS TO ALL WHO ENTERED!
The giveaway ends on Monday, March 21st at 5pm CST. A maximum of five entries (one for each method) are allowed per person — be sure to post separate comments for each to be sure they all get counted as separate entries. A winner will be chosen randomly from among all eligible comments and notified via email. The prize will be delivered by Green Giant and MyBlogSpark (not myself).
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Green Giant via MyBlogSpark. I was sent information and a prize pack in order to facilitate the review but was not compensated in any way for a favorable outcome. All opinions expressed are my own.
3/21 Winner confirmed: Congratulations Ashley (#1)