I’d never tried cucumber soup before this summer but I had so many cucumbers (the volume off just 4 plants was ridiculous) that I was inspired to try it and it quickly became one of my favorite summer meals! I made it several times and tried several different recipes, eventually taking the best of each and coming up with this version as my favorite. It’s really the easiest soup recipe EVER — just throw the ingredients in a blender, blend, and serve.
- 4-6 medium cucumbers, peeled
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill (fresh is best but dried works too)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint (fresh is best!) plus a few sprigs for garnish
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 24 oz (3 cups) plain yogurt (full-fat is best)
- 1/4 cup water (optional)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Chop the cucumbers and throw them in the blender, reserving a few slices for garnish.
Add remaining ingredients to blender and blend well (the longer/faster you blend the smoother the soup will be).
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Refrigerate for at least one hour (preferably overnight) before serving.
Garnish with a sprig of mint and a floating cucumber slice.