- Christian Bale’s unusually large and oddly-shaped head. Shave the beard. Pronto.
- Melissa Leo’s awkward speech that included a little profanity. I liked her dress though.
- Anne Hathaway — she came off as a slightly risque attention hog. We’ll say it was nerves. She did however look beautiful — my favorite was dress #2, the white one.
- Kirk Douglas. What a cutie.
- Cate Blanchett saying “that’s gross” after watching The Wolfman’s nomination clip for Best Makeup. I totally laughed.
- The fact that The Wolfman won an Oscar (Best Makeup).
- Natalie Portman. Because she won, she was so humble and endearing as she tried to talk through tears, and she’s pregnant. You don’t see that a lot at the Oscars.
- That I can’t believe I haven’t seen Toy Story 3 yet. There was a particularly cute clip where Woody yells “The orphans!” and it cuts to this picture. I laughed out loud.
- Tom Hooper (Best Director – The King’s Speech) and his sweet acceptance speech that ended with the moral “listen to your mother.”
- Colin Firth’s equally sweet and slightly kooky acceptance speech (Best Actor – The King’s Speech) in which he started with “stirrings in my abominals threatening to form themselves into dance moves” and ended with “impulses I have to tend to backstage.” He seems fun.
And just because everybody does it here are my picks for best and worst dressed:
Mila Kunis Somehow she manages to look absolutely radiant in a color that would wash most people out. Every bit of the look is perfect. My favorite of the night.
Scarlet Johanssen Love the color and the print and the slightly wild hair.
Helena Bonham Carter I don’t want to pick on her. She could have much looked better, we’ll leave it at that.
Cate Blanchett She almost looked really good. But instead she has a big square shoulders and a big weird circle on her chest that’s very distracting.
Marisa Tomei I’ve always liked her so it bums me out that she chose to wear what looks like a bad 80s prom dress. Fire your stylist honey. Or get one.
And if you missed it and are wondering who won what click here for a complete list.