Starting out first thing at 10am Friday morning with a glass of Louis Roederer Cristal champagne and not really stopping until it was time to leave on Sunday.
- How I’d never really liked champagne before but wow, I do now.
- How goofy, friendly, and totally entertaining all the chefs on the Lexus Culinary Masters team were (multi-talented!).
- The food. It was amazing.
- How enormous and overwhelming the Lexus Grand Tasting was. It ran for two days but I think you could spend a week there and not see/try everything.
- Coming back to my room Saturday afternoon to find that celebrity chef Tim Love’s chef’s jacket and a few other dry cleaning items had been delivered to my room by mistake. (Yes, I did return them!)
- That I still don’t get what the big fuss is about caviar.
- That every table, everywhere we went, was always set with at least four or five (if not six or seven) wine glasses per person.
- The beautiful views at the Lexus REMIX dinner.
It turned out to be among my favorite events of the weekend (it didn’t hurt that DJ Mom Jeans — aka Danny Masterson — was the DJ).
- How much fun our hostess Alyssa from Lexus was, and how much fun I had overall. WoOt!
More to come in the way of photos and what I learned about pairing wine with grilled cheese and why rosés are the latest trend in wine!