I am a wife, mom, and freelance writer based out of small-town Minnesota. I live with my hubby and two kids, plus three kitties. When I’m not busy wifing, momming and writing I enjoy gardening, photography, video games (yes, I admit it!), eating candy, and daydreaming I’m fashionable.
Favorite subjects/things I like to talk about:
- Mommy stuff Because I’m a mom. And I’m a writer. And those two can’t not mix. Also, my babies are the best babies of all the babies.
- Subscription boxes = Best. Invention. Ever. I mean, seriously. I want them all.
- DIY / How To Projects Because even though most of them suck, I am totally full of ideas. Also I’m often too broke to buy stuff already put together.
- Cloth diapering Because I feel kinda unique for doing it (although it’s getting more popular every day, yay!), and because it’s not nearly as hard, or as intimidating, as people seem to think.
- Natural living/The environment Nothing extreme, but being healthy is important (for both us and the planet) and I’m a big believer in doing what you can, when you can (and not giving yourself grief over the rest).
- Giving back Because we could all stand to do more of it, and writing about it helps keep it top-of-mind for me.
- Product reviews and recommendations I shop almost exclusively online anymore and lean heavily on the reviews and recommendations of others to help me find good deals and quality products/experiences. So I’m happy to do my part.
The name “Holes In Your Socks”
The name “Holes In Your Socks” represents the fact that life isn’t perfect, and that’s okay. We all have imperfections and face challenges along the road of life, but while you should always be striving to better yourself (repair those holes/get new socks) you also shouldn’t let them hold you back from enjoying life to the fullest. Just do your best, treat both yourself and the world with love and acceptance, and don’t sweat the small stuff.